Monday, July 2, 2007

Where is this leading?

You need a blog. You need to write. I have three and you don't even have one...what is up with that? Ah, the pressure. As one who used to write sermons and lessons on a regular basis weekly, and articles for magazines monthly, it might seem strange that I haven't picked up on the blog craze yet. Maybe it is because it just seems too presumptuous that folks would be interested in what I have to say. Maybe it is or maybe it is just an advanced way of sharing with others who are questioning the world around them, creating art, leaping into new adventures, trying to recover from difficult religious experiences, figuring out life after the kids move out and on with their lives and mostly wanting a reason to write on a regular basis.

What are my expectations of this blog? My sister Mary took the life experience option and turned it into a how-to for folks moving to New York City...find her at http://newbienyc.blogspot.com. Personal but more informational, a grand list of all things you need to know about NYC whether visiting or settling there. Here in the Research Triangle of North Carolina, I don't see myself having the grand adventures of my sister. We have food, art and "drama" but not to the celebrity scale that entertains folks on her site.

I am, as my blog states, a backyard hermit...someone who has struggled with the tension of being in communion with God in a solitary manner and still be a part of the world. I tend to see God in all things, ordinary and grand. I have a quirky, humorous eye for life (or so I have been told). Nature is my grand cathedral but the Christian radio station fills my car (when country or classical don't win out).

So we will just see where this is all leading...any subject suggestions for me to ponder, observations, encouragement is welcome.

2 comments:

Lisa Creech Bledsoe said...

Well it's about time! Welcome to the blogging sisterhood, girlfriend. We're glad to finally be able to tune in take part in your life on a more regular basis. You often have a peace that many of us envy, my friend; thank you for letting us be a part of your journey. Lisa

Mary Hilton said...

Fan-freakin'-tastic! Your incredible voice needs to be read/heard, and this is the perfect format. Your internal adventures are equal to (if not more meaningful sometimes even) the thrillrides found on the streets of NYC. Can't wait to read more about your well-written spiritual and personal journeys.