So often we think about the things we do not have and the scarcity theory takes hold, and we panic, thinking we don't have enough. What are the things you enjoy now, regardless of what is lacking? Can you give thanks for these things and be content?
Trust the comic strips to provide inspiration. Mutts showcased the quote by Petit-Senn and I immediately took it to heart. Easily, I can think of the things right now lacking in my life. Probably because it is a Monday morning and there isn't enough caffeine in my system. It is one thing to ponder what I do have to be thankful for but it is quite another spin to think about what I enjoy and relish that fact.
So here I go, as I ponder what I enjoy:
- Leaves bursting with color, all the more special being delayed by the drought for weeks.
- Hanging with my husband in front of the television watching football on Saturday or Sunday afternoons (okay, so I sort of watch with a craft or book in my hands).
- Mccutcheon's Pumpkin Butter appearing this time each year at Whole Foods. And they are in Fredrick, Maryland to boot.
- Spending Thanksgiving at my son and daughter-in-law's, not having to cook the turkey.
- Making Advent cards and bookmarks with supplies I have on hand. Picking the quotes and designing just makes my soul happy.
- Coffee and lunch with friends. The time we have together never seems long enough.
- Sitting in my terra cotta colored family room, reading a book and drinking tea at three in the afternoon.
- Seeing my son when he stops by on his work break and shopping with my daughter.
- Trying on expensive shoes and being able to walk away - without them on my feet!
- Writing as the mood strikes.