Friday, August 27, 2010

Hands, Hearts and Encouragement

Have you ever gone through seasons when favorite people enter your lives? They may not be friends. They may be strangers. They could be the new teacher of your pottery class. You anticipate seeing that one lady who always smiles at you at the ice cream shop or the friend who calls you on a regular basis just to check in. They may simply be people you realize you rely on.

My favorites, at the moment, are my massage therapist and my PT. Now, the rest of you, don't be upset. I like you too. I really do. But these folks literally have my life in their hands. Central nervous system problems have turned me into a less active version of my former self. Without my MT and PT, I wouldn't be moving around as much as I can, would be in more pain, and would not have the dose of encouragement I receive every time I see them. Their hearts are in what they do, as well as their hands!

Encouragers are my favorite people. Those who tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel or that it is okay to be moving at a slower pace. We all know them, those folks who drag us out of the depths and onto a better path. They keep us moving forward and make the world a brighter place than in those instances before we saw or spoke to them.

Who are those encouragers in your life? Who can you encourage?

Therefore encourage one another and build up each other..." 1 Thessalonians 5:11